NEW: Wednesday Night Bible Study!
Join us for an online study of God's Word - from the comfort & safety of your home.
In times like this, people think they need God more. The truth is that we all need God all of the time and in every way. We simply are more aware of this need during times of uncertainty and crisis.
That being said, it is equally important that we continue to honor God and take care of our spiritual needs during this time. This means that Golden Beach Community Church will continue to operate...although with some immediate and some pending changes.
The short-term plan:
- Encourage anyone who does not feel comfortable attending church in person to remain at home without fear of becoming disengaged or excluded from the congregation. We will keep in regular contact with everyone.
- Continue to clean and sanitize the building.
- Forego handshakes, hugs, hand holding and sitting near others. We have the space to spread out in the Sanctuary.
- Provide hand sanitizer in both the Sanctuary and the Fellowship Hall.
- Offering plates will be available, but not passed person-to-person. Giving is an important show of faith (especially in uncertain times) and we should continue to give with the same generosity and joy that we know is good and pleasing to God.
- Communion will be taken using individual, disposable kits that I have purchased.
- Any food that is available will be pre-packaged and individually wrapped.
- Messages (sermons) will continue to be available online - search for "Golden Beach Podcast".
- Services will be video recorded and available online as well. Sherri and I have purchased the equipment, software and means to offer this. It will be a new process and may take a few weeks to really polish the quality - thank you in advance for your patience.
- In-person home visits will stop (for now), but I will continue to be available by phone, email, text, video call, etc. I am still willing to go to a person's house, but we may need to speak through a door or window. Do not hesitate to contact me for any reason.
- If anyone needs a visit, prayers, food or household supplies; please contact someone and we will support you however we can.
Next steps (when necessary):
- Transition to an online-only service. Bulletins and announcements will be available and viewable online.
- Provide a "drive-thru church service" where people can pull into the parking lot one-at-a-time and remain in their car while we pray together and take communion using the individual kits. This is in addition to the online worship service.
- Offer a conference call or online chat (web cam - if desired) time of Bible Study and discussion.
Everything will be evaluated often and there will be updates sent regularly through email and text. The website (www.BeThird.org) and community Facebook page will also have updates as they become available.
Thank you all for your continued loyalty to God's work through Golden Beach Community Church. I know that it is important to all of us to remain connected to both God and to each other - especially during this time.
I assure you God is alive and well and in control (that is His promise).
I assure you that Golden Beach Community Church is also alive and well. We may not be in control of the current crisis; but we can control how we respond to it.
Stay courageous, keep the faith and be well.
May God continue to bless us all.
Pastor, Neighbor and Friend at Golden Beach Community Church